Saxenda Weight Loss – Nowadays, there is a wide range of medical evolutions that help to reduce weight loss effectively and safely to reduce the risk of developing the disease, including taking medications, injecting drugs, and even more invasive methods such as surgery. Each method should be closely monitored by a doctor. The most popular surgical corrective today include stomach operation. However, the weight loss injection pen called Saxenda® (Liraglutide), which is FDA-approved and US FDA certified become more popular now.
Siam Clinic Phuket offers magic pen drug consulting services, also known as Saxenda® with the scientific name Liraglutide.
You can read the topic of the article here.
What does Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide) look like?
- Saxenda®(Liraglutide) is an injecting drug in the form of a pen used to enter the subcutaneous layer, with the doctor’s required dose being adjusted, with the goal being to lose 5-10% of the original weight within 12 weeks or 3 months.
Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide) Why Can You Lose Weight?
- Saxenda®(Liraglutide) has an action similar to the hormone contained in the body called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), which the hormone GLP-1 secretes from the gut after eating. It causes feeling fuller, so it is less hungry, it helps to eat less and causes weight loss.
- Saxenda®(Liraglutide), or GLP-1, is a group of digestive hormones that have a blood glucose lowering effect. Therefore, the effects of this drug will help reduce the production of sugar in the liver. Increases insulin sensitivity in the pancreas and muscles, as well as reduces stomach movements, thus keeping food pregnant longer.
- Saxenda®(Liraglutide) is not any stimulant.
Indication of using Saxenda® (Liraglutide)
- It should be taken under the supervision of physician. Do not buy the drug yourself as it may not be effective in losing weight and causing harm effect.
- Body mass index (BMI) exceeding 30 kg/sq.m.
- Body mass index (BMI) exceeding 27 kg/sq.m. in combination with chronic diseases such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia.
How to use Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide)
- Saxenda weight loss pen® is injected once a day, any time independent of meals. Saxenda injections should be injected at the same time every day.
- The best place to inject is the abdomen, at least 2 cm away from the navel, with the other areas that can be injected are the thighs or upper arms.
- The injection position should be changed with a distance of about 2 fingers in the same area and return to the same position after 4-8 weeks.
- It is a drug that can be used for self-injecting drugs at home.
- The doctor will increase/decrease the dosing according to the results and side effects, or consider stopping the use of the drug if the side effects occur more than the benefits.
Examples of magic pen saxenda® (Liraglutide)
Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide) designed a schedule of medications to maximize weight loss while minimal gastrointestinal side effects. The schedule usually lasts about 4 months, starting at 0.6 mg, after which the dose will be adjusted every week according to the doctor’s instructions, which will not be too higher than 3.0 mg.
Side effects of Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide)
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, headache, low sugar (in case of use in combination with certain diabetes medications) About 10% of all diabetic patients reported.
- Anorexia, dizziness, fatigue, abdominal pain, flatulence, acid reflux dizziness were founded in approximately 1-10% of all patients.
Safety of the use of Magic Pen (Liraglutide)
- Saxenda® (Liraglutide) has been certified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in both Thailand and the United States as safe and can be used for weight control. Under the supervision of a doctor strictly.
- Saxenda® (Liraglutide) is not allowed to use beyond doctor’s orders in all cases.
Contraindications to using Magic Pen Saxenda® (Liraglutide)
- Those younger than 18 and over 75 years old
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women or planning a contraception
- Family history of Medullary Thyroid Cancer or Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome types 2 (MEN 2)
- People with all kinds of underlying diseases People with chronic kidney disease, liver disease, intestines, and stomach problems. It must be consulted by a doctor in any case.
- A diabetic patient who is currently taking Glipizide or any medications related to vascular clotting
Magic Pen Saxenda ® (Liraglutide)
- Saxenda should be kept in the refrigerator at a temperature (2-8 degrees Celsius). Do not store in the freezer.
- After first use, store at a temperature below 30 °C or store in the refrigerator at a temperature (2 degrees Celsius to 8 degrees Celsius). Do not freeze and avoid the pen exposure to light. The drug has one month after open.
Saxenda ® (Liraglutide)
Saxenda® (Liraglutide) research was done with 3,713 patients, which found that 85% of the group in the study group were able to lose weight as follows:
Three out of five people were able to lose an average of 5% or about 5.4 kilograms (compared to before participating in the research).
One in three people can lose weight equal to or more than 5% or about 10.5 kilograms (compared to before participating in the research).
Approximately 6% of the participants were able to lose up to 20% of their weight (compared to before participating in the research).
Does ® Saxenda (Liraglutide) cause the yoyo effect after a long period of use?
In research conducted using Saxenda® (Liraglutide) for 3 years, it was found that:
- 56% of research participants were able to lose weight on target within the first year.
- It was found that the number of participants was able to maintain their original weight for 3 years when Saxenda® (Liraglutide) was still used as a supplement to control the amount of food while increasing physical activity in everyday life. This is compared to those who do not take drugs.
- In conclusion, after the amount of medication prescribed by the doctor and the target weight has been reached. Behavioral therapy, whether it is diet. Exercise, self-discipline can help prevent yoyo effects.
Siam Clinic Consultation Weight Loss With Saxenda ® Pen (Liraglutide)
If you are interested in Saxenda® weight loss pen (Liraglutide), you should consult with your doctor to ask for your history and check-up before starting the injection. To ensure that patients lose weight safely and in good health.
- Map : https://g.page/SiamClinicPhuket
- Tel : 088-488-6718 และ 093-692-5999
- Email : [email protected]
- Facebook inbox : https://m.me/siamclinic.phuket
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/siamclinic
- Line@ : https://lin.ee/uny1D7n