Collagen is a vital protein that constitutes a significant component of the skin, hair, nails, bones, joints, muscles, and tendons. It accounts for up to 80% of these structures. Collagen is classified into different types, including Type I, II, and III.
- Collagen Type I: Found in the skin of both children and healthy adults, this is the most abundant and desired type of collagen. It is present in the dermis layer of the skin and plays a crucial role in providing structure and strength to the skin and bones.
- Collagen Type II: Located in the soft cartilage around joints, this type of collagen is essential for maintaining the elasticity and flexibility of these areas.
- Collagen Type III: Found in the skin of children and strong adults, as well as in the skin, muscles, internal organs, and blood vessels. It works in conjunction with Type I collagen in the skin to promote overall skin health and elasticity.
Collagen Type I and III are present in the true dermal layer of the skin. Collagen Type I is the most abundant type throughout the body and provides the structural foundation for the skin, while Collagen Type III works in synergy with Type I collagen in the skin to enhance skin health and elasticity.
What kind of collagen is the most necessary for our skin?
Collagen Type I is the most crucial collagen for our skin. It is the most abundant type of collagen found in the skin and is primarily located in the dermis layer. As we age, our body’s ability to produce collagen decreases, leading to a decline in collagen levels.
From the age of 20 onwards, we start losing collagen at a rate of 1-2% per year. By the time we reach 45 years old, collagen production in the skin significantly decreases. This loss of collagen can manifest in various signs, such as dryness, delayed wound healing, enlarged pores, acne scars, wrinkles, and reduced skin elasticity and firmness.
Sculptra, also known as the Original Collagen Biostimulator, is a product that stimulates the natural production of collagen in our body. It effectively increases collagen levels, particularly Collagen Type I, which is essential for skin health. Research has shown that Sculptra can stimulate up to 66.5% production of Collagen Type I after three months of treatment. This is a significant achievement compared to other products currently available.
By boosting collagen production, Sculptra helps address the signs of aging and rejuvenates the skin. It is a remarkable solution for those seeking to restore collagen levels and achieve a more youthful and vibrant complexion.
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is an injectable substance that belongs to the group of Collagen Biostimulators. It is composed of Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA), which is an absorbable synthetic material. Sculptra works by stimulating the natural collagen production process in our own body, effectively restoring youthfulness to the skin.
By stimulating collagen production, Sculptra helps replenish lost volume and firmness, particularly in areas prone to sagging. It improves the overall quality of the skin, resulting in a more rejuvenated and youthful appearance. As the world’s first collagen stimulator and the only one approved by the US FDA, Sculptra ensures a high level of safety and natural-looking, gradual results.
One of the significant advantages of Sculptra is its ability to provide long-lasting results without any significant side effects. The treatment process is well-tolerated, and the results are achieved gradually, allowing for a natural-looking transformation. This gives individuals the confidence that Sculptra is a safe and effective option for enhancing their appearance.
Sculptra is a collagen stimulator that utilizes Poly-L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) to naturally stimulate collagen production in our body. It helps restore a youthful and voluminous look to the skin, lifts sagging areas, and improves overall skin quality. As the first FDA-approved collagen stimulator, Sculptra offers a high level of safety and provides gradual, natural-looking results without any worrisome side effects.
Sculptra helps in the following aspects:
- Stimulating collagen production: Sculptra stimulates the production of collagen, a crucial protein that provides structure and elasticity to the skin. By promoting collagen synthesis, Sculptra helps improve the overall quality and health of the skin.
- Enhancing facial structure: Sculptra aids in reinforcing the facial structure by increasing the production of collagen and restoring volume to areas that have experienced loss. It helps improve facial contours and restores a more youthful appearance.
- Increasing skin elasticity and density: Sculptra improves the elasticity and density of the skin by stimulating collagen production. This results in firmer and more resilient skin, reducing the appearance of sagging and enhancing the overall texture of the face.
- Firming and tightening the skin: Sculptra helps in firming and tightening the skin, reducing the visibility of wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging. It promotes a smoother and more toned complexion, leading to a more youthful appearance.
- Promoting a radiant and youthful complexion: Sculptra contributes to a brighter and more youthful complexion by improving skin quality and reducing the signs of aging. It helps minimize the appearance of age spots, blemishes, and uneven skin tone, resulting in a more luminous and rejuvenated look.
Who is it suitable for?
- Dull and lackluster complexion: Sculptra helps improve skin radiance and clarity, making it suitable for those with a dull and non-radiant complexion.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Sculptra can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and various facial lines, including nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Skin laxity and lack of firmness: Sculptra is beneficial for individuals experiencing sagging and loose skin, as it helps improve skin elasticity and firmness.
- Facial volume loss and collagen depletion: Sculptra is effective in addressing facial concerns related to volume loss and decreased collagen levels. It helps restore facial fullness and improves the overall density of the skin.
- Sunken cheeks and hollowed areas: Sculptra can be a suitable option for individuals who desire a fuller and more youthful appearance in areas such as the cheeks, temples, and other facial contours, without opting for traditional fillers.
Sculptra has several advantages that make it stand out:
- Long-lasting results: Sculptra provides long-lasting results by stimulating the natural production of collagen in the skin. The effects can last for more than 24 months, making it a durable solution for improving skin elasticity and density.
- High safety profile: Sculptra has been extensively studied and approved by regulatory bodies such as the US FDA. It is considered safe and suitable for individuals seeking long-lasting results without the need for frequent touch-ups or repeated treatments within short intervals, such as every 6-12 months.
- Minimal maintenance: Compared to other products, Sculptra offers results that require fewer treatment sessions and less frequent maintenance. This can save both time and cost for individuals seeking long-term improvements in their facial appearance.
- Natural-looking results: Sculptra works by stimulating the body’s natural collagen production, resulting in gradual and subtle improvements. This helps achieve natural-looking outcomes without the appearance of an overfilled or exaggerated appearance.
- Versatile treatment: Sculptra can address multiple concerns, including wrinkles, sagging, and volume loss, making it a versatile option for individuals with various facial aging issues. It can be customized to target specific areas and provide a comprehensive rejuvenation effect.
Post-injection side effects
After the Sculptra injection, some common side effects may occur, typically within the first 1-2 days and resolve on their own. These side effects may include swelling, redness, bruising, or minor discomfort. Other side effects are generally mild and not severe. It is normal to feel small lumps or nodules under the skin after the injection, but there is no need to worry as these can be massaged as instructed by your doctor to ensure even distribution of the injected Sculptra particles. Additionally, Sculptra is designed to naturally dissolve over time without leaving any residue in the body.
It is important to note that Sculptra is the world’s first and only collagen biostimulator approved by the US FDA, reinforcing its safety and efficacy. This highlights the confidence in its safety for use in the human body.
How many treatments should I need to see results?
Results after Sculptra injections will gradually improve. Will begin to see changes after injection about 2 – 3 weeks onwards. According to the research results, it can stimulate the production of Collagen type1 up to 66.5% after injection for 3 months, which collagen type 1 is the collagen that our skin needs the most. In general, it should be injected 2 – 3 times, spaced every 4-6 weeks for long-lasting results and better performance.
How long do the results last?
The results may not be immediately visible after the treatment, or there may be minor changes initially. However, the results will gradually improve over time. The face will appear natural and not overly tightened because Sculptra or PLLA-SCA particles slowly penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the production of collagen.
- For individuals with minimal skin concerns, it is generally recommended to undergo 1-3 sessions, with treatments repeated every month. Results can be seen within 2-3 weeks.
- For individuals with more significant skin concerns, approximately 6 sessions are recommended, with treatments repeated every month. Results can be seen around 27 weeks. This longer timeframe is due to the one-month interval between each treatment session, and clear results can be observed after an additional 3 weeks.
Results appear gradually
and can last up to two years.
Preparation before Sculptra
- Avoid taking medications that may increase the risk of bleeding, such as Aspirin or NSAIDs. Consult with your healthcare provider before stopping any prescribed medications.
- Avoid consuming dietary supplements, such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and fish liver oil, for at least 3-7 days prior to the treatment.
- Refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours before the treatment.
- Avoid using acne medications, such as Retin-A or fruit acids, for at least 3-7 days before the treatment.
- Avoid facial scrubs or exfoliants for at least 3-7 days prior to the treatment.
What to do after Sculptra
- Apply cold compresses for 10-15 minutes per hour, 3 times a day, for 2-3 days after the treatment.
- If you experience any discomfort, you can take pain-relieving medication as directed.
- Gently massage the treated area at least 5 times a day to promote better absorption and faster results.
- Avoid direct exposure to heat sources, such as steam baths or saunas, and laser treatments for 7-14 days.
- Refrain from using acne medications, such as Retin-A, or fruit acids for at least 3-7 days.
How to Triple 5 of Sculptra
The Triple 5 massage technique is performed to evenly distribute the PLLA particles throughout the facial area and stimulate collagen in targeted areas. This technique involves massaging the treated area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, consecutively for 5 days. This helps to achieve better results.
Summary of Sculptra
Contact Siam Clinic Phuket
- Contact us at Siam Clinic 1st Floor, Big C Phuket
- Map : https://g.page/SiamClinicPhuket
- Telephone : 088-488-6718 and 093-692-5999
- Email : [email protected]
- Facebook inbox : https://m.me/siamclinic.phuket
- Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/siamclinic
- Line@ : @siamclinic or add https://lin.ee/uny1D7n